cloud-init team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
cloud-init 0.7.6 released
I released 0.7.6 of cloud-init today.
Source tarball is available for download from
Thanks to all that contributed.
Cloud-init 0.7.6 contains bug fixes and improvements including:
- much improved freebsd support, including support for OpenStack
- jinja2 as templating engine, dropping requirement on cheetah
- systemd improvements
- fixes for consumption of vendor-data on OpenStack.
The full change log is below.
- Enable vendordata on CloudSigma datasource (LP: #1303986)
- Poll on /dev/ttyS1 in CloudSigma datasource only if dmidecode says
we're running on cloudsigma (LP: #1316475) [Kiril Vladimiroff]
- SmartOS test: do not require existance of /dev/ttyS1. [LP: #1316597]
- doc: fix user-groups doc to reference plural ssh-authorized-keys
(LP: #1327065) [Joern Heissler]
- fix 'make test' in python 2.6
- support jinja2 as a templating engine. Drop the hard requirement on
cheetah. This helps in python3 effort. (LP: #1219223)
- change install path for systemd files to /lib/systemd/system
[Dimitri John Ledkov]
- change trunk debian packaging to use pybuild and drop cdbs.
[Dimitri John Ledkov]
- SeLinuxGuard: remove invalid check that looked for stat.st_mode in
- do not write comments in /etc/timezone (LP: #1341710)
- ubuntu: provide 'ubuntu-init-switch' module to aid in systemd testing.
- status/result json: remove 'end' entry which was always null
- systemd: make cloud-init block ssh service startup to guarantee keys
are generated. [Jordan Evans] (LP: #1333920)
- default settings: fix typo resulting in OpenStack and GCE not working
unless config explicitly provided (LP: #1329583) [Garrett Holmstrom])
- fix rendering resolv.conf if no 'options' are provided (LP: #1328953)
- docs: fix disk-setup to reference 'table_type' [Rail Aliiev] (LP:
- ssh_authkey_fingerprints: fix bug that prevented disabling the module.
(LP: #1340903) [Patrick Lucas]
- no longer use pylint as a checker, fix pep8 [Jay Faulkner].
- Openstack: do not load some urls twice.
- FreeBsd: fix initscripts and add working config file [Harm Weites]
- Datasource: fix broken logic to provide hostname if datasource does not
- Improved and less verbose logging.
- resizefs: first check that device is writable.
- configdrive: fix reading of vendor data to be like metadata service
reader. [Jay Faulkner]
- resizefs: fix broken background resizing [Jay Faulkner] (LP: #1338614)
- cc_grub_dpkg: fix EC2 hvm instances to avoid prompt on grub update.
- FreeBsd: support config drive datasource [Joseph bajin]
- cc_mounts: support creating a swap file