[OpenStack][Neutron] Metadata over IPv6

Hi,

I’m OpenStack Neutron developer. Since some time we have proposed spec [1] about Metadata over IPv6 in IPv6 only networks.
This spec proposes to use fe80::a9fe:a9fe IP address as it is equivalent of 169.254.169.254 in IPv6 link-local subnet.

According to [2] I know already that cloud-init can be configured to use any metadata urls with “metadata_urls” so we can use such IPv6 address (or any other) and can be configured to be used in cloud-init on guest vms.
But as cloud-init is one of the biggest users of Metadata service, I would like to ask cloud-init community what do You think about it and if this will work for You.
Any feedback here or in the spec's review will be appreciated :)

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/315604/
[2] https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/blob/master/cloudinit/sources/DataSourceOpenStack.py#L59

—
Slawek Kaplonski