Re: [OpenStack][Neutron] Metadata over IPv6

The thread at openstack got some interesting feedback initially and then
quickly converged on using a well known address. That is admittedly the
easiest solution to implement for clients but I feel there is a missed
opportunity there, to offer a long term solution to the disparity we
observe today when dealing with metadata endpoints on various cloud
platforms.  Requesting a reserved multicast group to discover metadata
endpoints might open the door to more uniformity.  The TCP connection would
still be established with an unicast address but, at least, the client
would not have to know, before hand, of the addresses for all platforms.

Frederick