club-ubuntu team mailing list archive

[WEBTEAM MEETING]: Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:00 PDT

To all club-ubuntu list members:

I'm sure most of you here know me. My name is John [1], but I go by BaD_CrC
on IRC [2]. I am heading up the development of the Official ##Club-Ubuntu
website [3].

I wish to apologize right now for the short notice, but I would like to have
a simple meeting on IRC in ##club-ubuntu-webteam on Saturday around noon-ish
US Pacific Time. I welcome you all to join in to provide ideas, input and
tell us where you would like to see our website to go.

[TBD AGENDA]
1) Website content:
  - What should we have on the website? We want to be somewhat original. We
don't want to end up being just like all the other websites.
  - Blog (News about the site/community or use Planet [4] to aggregate
"regs" blogs)
  - Wiki (tiki-wiki [5])
  - Forums (phpBB [6], Phorum [7])
  - User profiles (I'm kinda working on this already)
2) Website banner logo contest:
  - Individual users who submit logos will be put into a random rotation for
display on the website.
3) Additional input by the users:
  - Sound off and tell us what you want. If we don't know what you want, we
can't make the site be the best that it can be.

-- [links to info above] --
[1]: http://john-os.blogspot.com/
[2]: http://freenode.net/
[3]: http://club-ubuntu.org/