-Urban Terror
-Wormux
-Additional Games?
SCHEDULING
-Date
-Time

==GAMES==

=OpenArena=

i have openarena set up and tested. not sure of the load handling, but
it handles two humans and six bots just fine.

we will be using version 0.7.0; this version is in the ubuntu
repositories (NOTE: disable hardy-proposed[1] if you're using it).

if you're connecting from a windows machine (or don't want to disable
hardy-proposed), please go to the ModDB download page[2] as the release
is not available on their website (more details as to why are in their
site's news section[3]).

To determine your copy's version number, load up OpenArena and look in
the lower right hand corner.

=Urban Terror=

i'm currently in the process of installing and configuring Urban Terror
(literally, currently. as in "i'm downloading the package while i write
this").

urban terror ("UrT") is unfortunately NOT available in ubuntu
repositories. however, the installation process is pretty simple. simply
download[4], unzip, chmod[5], and run.

i will be running v.4.1

=OpenLieroX=

this is a pretty cool Worms clone- on steroids.
BaD_CrC suggested OpenLiero(X) but i found the graphics a little
lacking. unfortunately, Wormux doesn't want to run a headless server.

SO! OpenLieroX it is!

grab the i386.deb[6] (unless you're playing from a windows box, of
course). as of hardy, you should be able to install it by just
double-clicking the .deb file (this will open gdebi). make sure you have
sudo.

if i left a game out that was suggested to the mailing list, that's
because i haven't done any work on it yet but i will. :)

=Additional Games?=

i was thinking maybe boswars, boson, globulation2, warsow, tremulous,
and wesnoth? any feedback? i mostly only know FPS games so i need to
know what you guys want.

==Scheduling==

=Date=

we never discussed scheduling but i think that it should be in the
middle of december or january. obviously, it should start on a friday or
saturday night.

=Time=

i think 2000UTC might be good, and we can run it for..oh, let's say 18
hours or so.

i can cron it so that it rotates between games; that way people can jump
in during multiple times of the day and get to play different games. i
need a club-ubuntu.org webdev to get in touch with me so we can find a
way of displaying which game is currently running right on the website
(i have some ideas on how to accomplish this).

*************

[1] hardy-proposed pulls in 0.7.7, which is NOT compatible with 0.7.0
servers. alternatively, use the package download from ModDB and unzip
and play (./openarena-0.7.0/ioquake.i386 is most likely the one you'll want)

[2] http://www.moddb.com/downloads/openarena-070-win32linux-i386-zip

[3] http://openarena.ws/news.html and, specifically for further
discussion, http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2307.0

[4] http://www.urbanterror.net/page.php?6 (contains both windows
installer and linux binaries)

[5] chmod +x ./UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.i386

[6]
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=180059&package_id=208133&release_id=584470

--
brent saner.