club-ubuntu team mailing list archive

WAN Party! August 15, 2009 -- Please Read

I don't know where I got the initiative to do this.

The next Global WAN party will be held on August 15th, 2009 at 00:00UTC
[1] and will last until the players get tired :)

Games:
DEFINITE: Urban Terror, Cube2, Wesnoth, Warsow, Nexuiz, BZFlag
POSSIBLE: Teeworlds, any others suggested by community and that win a
popular vote
NO: OpenLieroX

Primary planning/chat should take place in:
##club-games on Freenode (irc.freenode.net)

Primary game server will be g.rainwreck.com

We will also be running a Mumble server at g.rainwreck.com, password is
in the ##club-games topic.

I set us up (the bomb) a wiki page on the Club Ubuntu wiki, the page can
be found at: http://wiki.club-ubuntu.org/index.php/Club-Games . It still
needs a lot of work - please help by expanding it.

@@RECAP@@
We have not had a WAN party in quite some time, last I believe was
December (?). That last one was a blast, anyway, and I feel a need to
revive it. The WAN parties have all been very fun and entertaining, and
I believe we can have that again.

@@SUGGESTIONS@@

-- A schedule bot that will alert us when the next scheduled game should
begin
+OR+
 -- No schedule at all, we just play what the channel wishes to play at
the time

-- bts3685 will be moving the date of the WAN party. Although the server
is not expected to die on us, we should have a backup just in case it
does and he cannot repair it in time (he stated in IRC he had the
ability to SSH to the server via. his phone).

-- A factoid bot other than ubnotu for storing C-G related information.
Such information would include: Specific game information, schedule (see
above), etc.

New suggestions (excluding suggestions for games to play, those go in
the IRC channel unless otherwise stated) may be posted to the mailing
list and added to the C-G suggestions wiki page:
http://wiki.club-ubuntu.org/index.php/Club-Games/Suggestions

@@FOOTNOTES@@

[1] If you need to convert that time, please use:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

We use 24h time notation since that is what is most recognized and, seeing as we are global, it is only proper to use the corresponding time format.

Have fun!

--
~Collin Pruitt - Hellow~
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton

begin:vcard
fn:Collin Pruitt
n:Pruitt;Collin
adr:;;;Dahlonega;GA;30533;United States