CoApp

Greetings all, I'm excited about this project!

I'm especially interesting in talking about the configure/build system
that you're planning on.  I've worked on four major cross-platform
projects' build systems, ultimately using three different build tools
(and trying at least three more), and had two other major projects which
- really - were "build systems", but I was unable to find a single tool
which addressed all of their hard requirements.  (One of those was the
standalone build environment I mentioned in the blog comment at
"http://blogs.msdn.com/garretts/archive/2010/03/31/the-common-opensource-application-publishing-platform-coapp.aspx";.)

That is what prompted me to begin the insanity of designing and writing
my own from scratch.  In the next couple of days, I will be posting a
new blog entry or two regarding my ideas on what a build tool should do,
and why I think the tools I have already used do not meet those
requirements.

Hope to see great things from this!

Follow ups