From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gordon Schumacher
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:55 AM
To: CoApp
Subject: [Coapp-developers] CoApp

Greetings all, I'm excited about this project!

I'm especially interesting in talking about the configure/build system that you're planning on.  I've worked on four major cross-platform projects' build systems, ultimately using three different build tools (and trying at least three more), and had two other major projects which
- really - were "build systems", but I was unable to find a single tool which addressed all of their hard requirements.  (One of those was the standalone build environment I mentioned in the blog comment at
"http://blogs.msdn.com/garretts/archive/2010/03/31/the-common-opensource-application-publishing-platform-coapp.aspx";.)

That is what prompted me to begin the insanity of designing and writing my own from scratch.  In the next couple of days, I will be posting a new blog entry or two regarding my ideas on what a build tool should do, and why I think the tools I have already used do not meet those requirements.

Hope to see great things from this!