Re: What packages do you want to see?

>> I would rather see package specifications instead.

Good. Unfortunately, some information is needed before these get finished. Additionally, we'll be finishing this up next week at the on-campus summit.

>> To package binaries is actually a job for the project maintainers themselves
No, it's not necessarily. The maintainer MAY be the publisher, but those two roles do not have to be held by the same person.

Never happens on Linux, and isn't (forced) to be happening here.

>>  I understand that having a list of compelling packages is helpful for the start but I don't see a chance of moving forward without beginning with the specs first.

To fly, one must first drive to the airport. We'll get there, it just so happens there is some traffic up front.

Garrett Serack | Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.