Re: Anyone with OData experience out there?

I'd second this motion. It's BSD based and hopefully would not cost us
anything if Canonical can
host it for us.

Where's Canonical come into it? The web services would be running on the coapp.org infrastructure, which is all Microsoft gear.

SQL Server might be a gift from Microsoft today, but what about in 3 or
5 years?

That's just crazy talk ;-) Do you really seriously envision Microsoft yanking away our access to SQL Server in the future? I can't even imagine the number of crazy events that would need to transpire for that even to become a remote possibility.

Either way, we will have to look at the libraries to see which is usable
from the CoApp engine core.  I'm not
worried about C# since the Ngpsql library is out there.

The web service wouldn't have anything to do with the CoApp engine core.

	Trent.