From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Garrett Serack
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 8:48 PM
To: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Coapp-developers] Building CoApp code!

1.       Install (to the default path!):

-          Visual Studio 2010

-          Windows DDK  (http://bit.ly/95Bl28)

-          Windows SDK (http://bit.ly/aAKQxp)

-          Bazaar: http://bit.ly/964shL  (contains cli, gui, and tortoise bzr clients)

-          Putty: http://tinyurl.com/2p6sw4 (SSH Client, contains the PAGEANT tool)

2.       Create/Register a SSH public key with Launchpad

3.       Run Pageant, load your private key.

4.       From the command line:

> cd c:\projects                (or wherever you want to checkout the code)
> bzr branch lp:coapp-solution coapp
> cd coapp
> cscript Checkout-Projects.js

The local.props file contains the location of the DDK (C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\)
If the path is different, you will need to adjust that value in a text editor.

5.       Open up the coapp.sln project in Visual Studio.
Ctrl-Shift-B to build

Everything builds to the ...\coapp\output\<plat>\<debug|release> \bin directory.
(ie: ...\coapp\output\x86\release\bin\CoApp.exe)

This builds the engine, the managed toolkits and the CLI.
It doesn't really do anything yet, except for parse the command line & print the help.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft's Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I just make it better on Windows.

GIF image