From: Tobias Just [mailto:tobiasubuntu@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:55 AM
To: Garrett Serack
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Building CoApp code!

Hi,

is Visual Studio 2008 also ok?
Or is VS 2010 important?

Regards,
Tobias

Am 08.06.2010 05:48, schrieb Garrett Serack:

Install (to the default path!):

Visual Studio 2010

Windows DDK  (http://bit.ly/95Bl28)

Windows SDK (http://bit.ly/aAKQxp)

Bazaar: http://bit.ly/964shL  (contains cli, gui, and tortoise bzr clients)

Putty: http://tinyurl.com/2p6sw4 (SSH Client, contains the PAGEANT tool)

Create/Register a SSH public key with Launchpad

Run Pageant, load your private key.

>From the command line:

> cd c:\projects                (or wherever you want to checkout the code)
> bzr branch lp:coapp-solution coapp
> cd coapp
> cscript Checkout-Projects.js

The local.props file contains the location of the DDK (C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\)
If the path is different, you will need to adjust that value in a text editor.

Open up the coapp.sln project in Visual Studio.
Ctrl-Shift-B to build

Everything builds to the ...\coapp\output\<plat>\<debug|release> \bin directory.
(ie: ...\coapp\output\x86\release\bin\CoApp.exe)

This builds the engine, the managed toolkits and the CLI.
It doesn't really do anything yet, except for parse the command line & print the help.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft's Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I just make it better on Windows.