Re: Questions, Questions, Questions

Yeah... components in MSI are more fine grained than you think. An install is almost always made up of many components.

Eric Schultz <wwahammy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My thoughts on ProductCode are just create another 'HUID' but append the word "product" to the name, version, architecture and public key token before hashing. That way every time they build the same package, the ProductCode is also the same.

Not really sure how to do for the Guid attribute for each Component offhand though. Do we expect there to be more than one component in each MSI?

Eric