Re: Questions, Questions, Questions

On 8/13/2010 10:37 AM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Elizabeth M Smith
<emsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Heh - this may get REALLY fun when you get to say... a database or a web app
with data lying around...  Are we going to provide some way to migrate that
data during an "upgrade" - cause if not we'll have some pretty angry users.
"My mysql upgraded and all my data is gone..."
Why would the data be gone after a MySQL upgrade?

Olaf

I was referring to the fact that by default the data directory for mysql installs is in the application directory So if you didn't "upgrade" but instead installed both side by side, it would have a new blank data directory And the user, thinking they've simply upgraded and not done a new install would be utterly confused. Just making sure that even if our "upgrades" are side by side that we have a way to migrate user settings and data for applications.

Thanks,
Elizabeth M Smith