Re: CoApp and Windows Error Reporting/crashdump collection...

I've been talking to Verisign over the last year, and they offered to provide code signing certificates for *free* to open source projects.

There are a few logisitical hurdles being worked thru-and I'm not sure how the acquisition by Symantec has altered their path... I think I should make a phone call this week...

And, even at $99 (not $500)... that's not make-or-break money.

From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rivera, Rafael
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 8:42 AM
To: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] CoApp and Windows Error Reporting/crashdump collection...

Howdy!

The certificate is actually $99, if you click through to Verisign via WinQual. (Or click the link below.)
https://securitycenter.verisign.com/celp/enroll/upsell?promo_code=THEDEAL99&application_locale=VRSN_US&originator=VeriSign:CELP&bundle_id=MSIECS002&enable_options=validity_1

If an OSS organization/developer wants to peruse access to WER data, a one-time $99 payment isn't too bad. (I did it.) I believe Garrett was poking providers for a commitment to support open source, but I'm not sure Verisign is on board.

/rafael