Re: A couple more MSI things...

Packages not requested by the user are still visible in the package manager, just not the Add/remove programs window (which has diddly-squat for real usability).

ARP is so damn cluttered anyway, it's not like they'd find an 'evil' package if they tried.

As it is, when a (user-requested) package is removed, it will by default uninstall all of the child packages that aren't used elsewhere too.

From: Roberto Carlos González Flores [mailto:iscrobertogonzalez@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:13 AM
To: Garrett Serack
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] A couple more MSI things...

Quote:
"Oh, and another... I was thinking we should have a Property that can be passed in on the command line indicating if a package is user-requested or not; if the user has request it, we should show the package in Add/Remove programs."

And what happen if the user hasn't requested the package?, I see a security hole on this. Imagine "good packages" installing background "evil packages" without prompting the user... maybe is because I don't have all the information of how this will be work.