Re: Building the coapp bits

Awesome and very detailed tutorial! Thank you!

Von: coapp-developers-bounces+ch40z-lord=gmx.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+ch40z-lord=gmx.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Garrett Serack
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. März 2011 20:36
An: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Coapp-developers] Building the coapp bits

The following is the instructions on how to build the current CoApp bits:

0. You need to have the following tools installed in order to build CoApp:

    Visual Studio 2010 (I'm told that VS 2010 Express will work)

    Windows SDK 7.0 or higher -- http://bit.ly/bOoxJT

    Windows WDK 7.1 -- http://bit.ly/cU1lvH

    Bazaar for Windows 2.2.0 -- http://bit.ly/d0CSvw (get the standalone
installer)

    Putty (& Pageant) -- http://bit.ly/awE3jd  --get the
putty-0.60-installer.exe

[I think that it’s only necessary to use register with LaunchPad + use SSH
if you want to be able to push patches back; which makes Steps 1.0 – 1.2
optional]

1.0. Create/Register a SSH public key with Launchpad.

1.1. Run Pageant, load your private key.

1.2 Log into bzr/Launchpad

    (make sure that pageant is running with your private key loaded)

    C:\coapp> bzr lp-login <username>

2. Download the following script:

            http://coapp.org/coapp-src.cmd.zip

3. Unzip the script into your working directory (where you want to check out
the source to)

4. From the command line:

   C:\coapp> coapp-src

   Usage:

   ------

   coapp-src.cmd [OPTION]

   where [OPTION] is one or more of:

       core        - just the core projects to build the package manager

       gui         - the prototype work on the GUI client

       tools       - the developer and publisher tools

       guts        - the guts of the bootstrap and installershim

       other       - garrett's other tools and oddities

       all         - all of the above

       update      - merges updates for any projects that are already
checked out.

    You can check out a portion of the code (or all, if you want) by using
the script:

   C:\coapp> coapp-src core

    Will check out just the core (coapp-cli, coapp-toolkit and
coapp-solution).

   NOTE: the bzr checkouts are happening in the background in minimized
windows

   Wait until they are done (look at the taskbar, and you’ll see them)

4. Open the coapp-solution\coapp-tools.sln solution file in Visual Studio
2010

   If you didn’t get all of the projects, you’ll see an error when visual
studio tries to load

   projects that are not checked out; this is ok, you can ignore the error
(or delete the

   projects that are missing from your solution file)

5. Build it. (ctrl-shift-b)
    Make sure you build the debug version, you won’t be able to build the
release

    (you’d need my private cert, and it does some funky stuff during the
build process)

6. The output will be in [root]\output\any\debug\bin:

And you should be able to run the coapp.exe in that directory:

You’ll notice the packages that I installed from the http://coapp.org
website are installed.

All coapp binaries (except for the bootstrapper itself) are built as ‘any’
(meaning they will run 64bit on x64 systems, and 32bit on x86  systems)

 <http://fearthecowboy.com/> Description: Description: Description:
fearthecowboy

Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft
Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger:
<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
blog:  <http://fearthecowboy.com/> http://fearthecowboy.com
twitter:  <http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy> @fearthecowboy

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on
Windows.

PNG image

PNG image

GIF image