Application Composition (Symlink/shortcuts in MSI)

Eric,

I'm implementing the stuff that builds the symlinks, shortcuts, etc (CO_INSTALL_PROPERTIES) stuff right now.

Since we've got the version/platform in the actual installed path  (ie, C:\Apps\.installed\CoAppTestCertificate\AppFour-1.0.0.0-x64\appfour-1.0.0.0-x64.exe ), I think we should drop the version number from the EXEs and just let them remain unadorned.

I can still create version and/or platform-specific symlinks :

{$BIN}\appfour-1.0.0.0-x64.exe -> {$PKGDIR}\appfour.exe

or

{$BIN}\appfour-x64.exe -> {$PKGDIR}\appfour.exe

if we want.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.

GIF image