Re: Superceeding Packages...

Yeah, that is easy enough to do, and certainly the GUI should be really up front about that.

From: Fredrik Sundqvist [mailto:fsundqvist@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:41 AM
To: Garrett Serack
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Superceeding Packages...

I think it should tell something like "You already have a newer version installed" and ask if you want to use the old one as the new "current".

Hälsningar,
Fredrik Sundqvist

2011/4/12 Garrett Serack <garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Howdy,

I'm just working on the package composition support right now... If you remove a package, and there is a previous version still installed, I'm thinking that it becomes the "current" version automatically. I can also easily add command-line support to make an arbitrary given version the "current" one, regardless of which is the most recent.

The question is, what should the default behavior be when you install an older version when you have a newer on installed? Do I keep the most recent as the current unless you specifically state that you want *this specific version I'm installing* as the new "current"?

Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.