compiz team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~vanvugt/compiz/fix-731685-trunk into lp:compiz

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Daniel van Vugt <vanvugt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The code is not fresh in my mind, however I think you will find that:
>
> * This fix is much smaller, simpler to maintain and probably faster than the clipping/stencilling you talk about.
> * This fix potentially supports smoothed window decorations, but clipping/stencilling would not.
> * This fix works right now. No other working fix exists AFAIK :)

Yeah, I agree with all this. In that case, I've changed my mind about
this and will be happy to take it, but I'll note here that decorations
really ought to be moved into their own independently paintable
objects in the paint stack, rather than hooking the paint function for
the desktop window (the primary problem with this approach is that a
plugin can inhibit the painting of a desktop window and then the panel
will have no shadow, which doesn't make any sense to me). However,
since we don't have the infrastructure in core to do that yet, we'll
have to do it this way for now.

--
Sam Spilsbury

https://code.launchpad.net/~vanvugt/compiz/fix-731685-trunk/+merge/70836
Your team compiz packagers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~vanvugt/compiz/fix-731685-trunk into lp:compiz.