compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1393523] [NEW] Dragging windows in Expo mode occasionally results in weird behavior
Public bug reported:
There are some times where dragging windows in Expo mode doesn't work or results in weird behaviors.
Sometimes, when dragging a window, the drag fails midway and then clicking anywhere on the screen does nothing (even when clicking in the Expo button, needing to press Super+S to exit Expo mode).
I have also noticed that, when moving the cursor around in Expo mode, the close/minimize/maximize buttons of the windows would sometimes highlight and the locally integrated menus would be displayed.
This seems to occur in the current workspace (the one where I was before entering Expo mode) when I move the cursor over where the buttons or menu are when out of the Expo mode.
To reproduce that:
* Open a window (terminal, nautilus, or anything else)
* Move the window to the center (to make the next step easier)
* Move the mouse cursor to a few pixels to the left of the close button of the window
* Open Expo mode by pressing Super+S
* Now start moving the cursor slowly to the right and see if the buttons (and menu) of the window are highlighted
* When one of the buttons is highlighted, click. The action of that button will be performed (and it shouldn't) and Expo mode will exit to that workspace
This may be the cause of the problem.
I have also reproduced this in the guest session and in a 14.04.1
virtual machine (not updated).
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: unity 7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-39.66-generic 126.96.36.199
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-39-generic x86_64
CompizPlugins: No value set for `/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
Date: Mon Nov 17 18:56:18 2014
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-10-13 (35 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140722.2)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
** Affects: compiz (Ubuntu)
** Affects: unity (Ubuntu)
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty
** Also affects: compiz (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Dragging windows in Expo mode occasionally results in weird behavior
To manage notifications about this bug go to: