context team mailing list archive

Re: Xindy

Gour wrote:
Hello!

ConTeXt distribution is supposed to be complete document processing
system (without the need for e.g. TeXLive) for those users using ConTeXt
macro package.

One of the task to produce high-quality output is having appropriate
index (and/or  glossary).

However, makeindex is, afaik, not solution for International users using
Unicode encoding and therefore new TeXLive-2008 (finally) includes
Xindy.

Now I'm interested how is support for Xindy in ConTeXt and it there is
any plan to ship it within ConTeXt distribution?

From the Xindy website:

   There is neither a xindy distribution for Windows nor for Mac OS X.
   We would like to have one, but nobody has done the port yet.

That is a showstopper, I think.

Best wishes,
Taco