context team mailing list archive

--extras and --keep

Hello Aditya,

I'm reading the instructions on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals:

"By default, first-setup.sh does a clean upgrade. This means that
anything in the tex tree that is not requested is deleted. In
particular, this means that if you are upgrading a installation with
third party modules installed, but do not specify
--extras=<module-name>, then the installed module will be deleted. One
way to avoid this is to always specify the modules that you want while
upgrading. An easier alternative is to upgrade using
 sh ./first-setup.sh --keep"

Once I use --extras=t-something the module stays there even if I don't
add the --keep flag. Does it behave differently on your machine?

Here I get the report
MTXrun | run: rsync -rpztlv --stats --delete
contextgarden.net::'minimals/current/context/beta/
minimals/current/context/img/ minimals/current/modules/t-gnuplot/
minimals/current/modules/t-tikz/' '<path-to>/texmf-context'
even without --extras switch.

Mojca