context team mailing list archive

Re: --extras and --keep

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 14:58, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Once I use --extras=t-something the module stays there even if I don't
>> add the --keep flag. Does it behave differently on your machine?
>
> I get the same behaviour as you. I think that I had installed some modules
> by hand, and those got wiped out, and it took me ages to figure out what
> happened. I will correct the wiki.

One needs to check what happens in case that one runs
    ./first-setup.sh --extras=t-something
    ./first-setup.sh --extras=t-somethingelse
I would not be surprised if the first module was deleted (this needs
to be checked and fixed).

But in general I would suggest:
a) putting --extras=whatever to the last line of first-setup.sh
b) putting anything that's not in distribution to texmf-local

> BTW, do you know why the new t-bib cannot be installed by first-setup?

Most probably because there has never been a need for that until
recently. I can add it to the repository, but I'm sceptic if it will
work properly. rsync is somehow unpredictable if one provides two
files with the same name. I would not be surprised if it took one file
from context and the other file from the extra module. Feel free to
test - bib is in repository now.

Mojca