context team mailing list archive

Re: texworks

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Hans, a few tiny details about texworks ...

1.) do you think that it would be possible to set something like
%SELFAUTOLOC% instead of
    binaryPaths=D:/context/tex/texmf-mswin/bin
in texworks.ini?

can probably go

2.) This doesn't help too much
    openDialogDir=E:/context/manuals/mk

ah .. that's because texworks save the state in the main ini file so it ends up there automatically

3.) This one might be deleted every time when I update ConTeXt:
    recentFileList=

ok, i'll see if i can make a script for that

4.) removing aux files (not with purge, but with File/Remove Aux
files) is not complete (I would expect the tuc file to disapear as
well)

texworks is rather latex oriented in that respect; this menu entry should be either not there or be configureable; just ignore that feature as we have had purging in the runner scripts for ages

a similar case is the open file dialogue (i'd like so see some more like xml etc but it might as well default to 'all file types')

5.) I get 404 error on server, but maybe there's some other problem, I
would need to check

MTXrun | running at port: 31415
MTXrun | document root: D:/Programi/context/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lu
MTXrun | main index file: unknown
MTXrun | scripts subpath: D:/Programi/context/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/
lua
MTXrun | context services: http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua
MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
MTXrun | requested action:
MTXrun | invalid filename, forcing: unknown
MTXrun | performing action: unknown
MTXrun | requested file 'unknown'
MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
MTXrun | time spent with client: 8.671 seconds
MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
MTXrun | requested action: favicon.ico
MTXrun | performing action: favicon.ico
MTXrun | requested file 'favicon.ico'
MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
MTXrun | time spent with client: 0.063 seconds

probably harmless messages but i need to test that on a vm

6.) status-of-update.lua is generated in current folder which is a bit
weird (and probably means that global settings are not preserved). But
again ... I may need to check what's going on.

ok, we might need some more logic

Scite has local and global preferences separated. TeXWorks would need
that kind of separation as well in order to be able to play with
settings in this way.

indeed, scite is more flexible in that respect (but i don't see texworks as a replacement for scite, just as an alternative; i need to get okular working from scite but somehow it does not start up well)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE