context team mailing list archive

Re: compiling xpdf tools

On 22-2-2010 15:03, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Hello,

Maybe someone knows that already (else I can research or ask on the
appropriate mailing list): is there an easy way to compile just
pdfinfo, pdffonts, ... etc. from xpdf sources? (These two are the only
two tools that I often used.)

Akira and TeX Live provide those binaries for Windows, but I somehow
miss them on my mac. Yes, I know that I can install them, but I assume
that others (ConTeXt users) may find those tools handy as well and may
lack them on their computers. I'm thinking about shipping them (even
if only as optional installs).

Maybe they are missing in TL because they are considered to be
standard on any linux?

indeed it makes sense to add them to the minimals

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE