context team mailing list archive

Re: compiling xpdf tools

> Maybe someone knows that already (else I can research or ask on the
> appropriate mailing list): is there an easy way to compile just
> pdfinfo, pdffonts, ... etc. from xpdf sources? (These two are the only
> two tools that I often used.)

  I did that several times on my Mac; pdffonts compiles fine, and so does, I
guess, pdfinfo, though I can't be sure for the latter because I hardly use it.
xpdf is, obviously, another story, but the text-based utilities of the xpdf
suite should be pretty straightforward to build on any Unixy system.

> Maybe they are missing in TL because they are considered to be
> standard on any linux?

  Probably.

  I'm all for their inclusion in the minimals, obviously.

	Arthur