credativ team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #184927]: POS - when is cash ported into the P&L statements

Question #184927 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/184927

Mario Arias proposed the following answer:
Hi Xavier,

What version of OpenERP are you using?

POS has different behaviour on 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1...

In general, when you apply the payment in POS, the system will create for
each line in the POS order an account move between the income account for
the product and the Accounts Receivable linked to the customer used on the
POS order, and the order will be moved to the "paid"  state.

While in that state, you can apply returns of products to the order, or
even cancel it...

Finally, when you move the POS order to the "done"  state, the system will
generate the moves between the Accounts Receivable and the Bank's account
related to the form of payment (Cash, Credit Card, etc.), and the POS order
can no longer be modified...

The events that trigger these state changes are different on each OpenERP
version of POS, and that's why we need to know the version you are using to
better help you...

Regards,
-Mario