Re: Ответ: Arch Linux PKGBUILD

2008/9/19 Maxim Vuets <maxim.vuets@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> I'm afraid to install .so to /usr/lib, so I changed CMakeLists.txt a bit
>>> to install them to /usr/lib/cuneiform-0.4.0:
>>
>> Does this require adding /usr/lib/cuneiform-0.4.0 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> for every user?
>
> No. rpath includes runtime library search path into an executable.
> Kinda embedded LD_LIBRARY_PATH. See man ld for details.
> Thus LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not needed at all. Lib path is hardcoding
> while compilation.

Ok, this looks quite sensible. Some things I noticed:

Why do have the version number in lib dir? I looked at /usr/lib on a
Debian machine and the subdirectories there only had the program name.
Parallel installing two versions of the same program to the same
prefix is probably just begging for trouble.

Will there be problems with linking? In the future we may want to
offer Cuneiform as a library. Does this mean that the main shared
library (libpuma.so) has to be installed to /usr/lib? Or do we need
pkg-config magic to make it work propely? Does rpath take care of the
other libraries' symbols automatically?