Re: Project status & windows port progress

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you going to commit the latest changes to the repo or you mean that
> you were doing something else and there is no changes of which we are
> not aware of?

I always push my changes to the public repo as fast as I can. I have
not done anything to Cuneiform for a couple of weeks or so. I hope to
get to it again soon.

> Are you aware of the fact that the source code for GUI has just been
> released? Maybe it could be somehow useful to understand how the
> underlying stuff works and why it was programmed that way.

I am aware, but it is useless to me. The GUI is quite cleanly
separated from the recognition kernel. I know what needs to be done
next and how it should be done. Getting it done is just a question of
time.

Side note: There is no point whatsoever to port the current GUI to
Linux. It is 10+ years old stuff using win32 api directly. Coding a
new crossplatform GUI from scratch using something like Qt would take
considerably less effort, would actually be maintainable _and_ better
looking.