Re: Project status & windows port progress

> This is a bug in either MinGW's pkg-conf or ImageMagick. On my OS X
machine, pkg-config --libs Magick++ gives -L/opt/local/lib -lMagick++
-lMagickCore

I get the same results from the MinGW commandline here as well, but
MagickCore did not show up in the makefile. The also necessary MagicWand
does not show up in either.  I know the direct edit of the makefile
isn't the ideal way, but hopefully someone who knows cmake can figure
out what's going on.

> Ah yes, the infamous fread_m wrapper wrappers.

They make the code harder to read.  lst3_win.h is a nightmare.

> The latter patch might better be fixed by changing the definition of
constant ch.

I considered that but the newline character skip behavior differs.  It
might be easier to open everything binary read and eliminate the
conversion which would be more compatible with VC.