Re: Try build in MSVS2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The main advantages of this package is that it is just hyper-stable, has
> LZMA compression support and small EXE overhead, feature-rich, has a big
> set of quality translations and most importantly uses a Pascal dialect
> for custom scripting in the installer (another popular package, NSIS,
> uses ASM-like syntax and proprietary MSI-based installers like WISE,
> InstallShield and Ghost use some braindead weird custom syntaxes).

I think it is safe to say that proprietary installers are
unacceptable. Inno Setup is great, but NSIS has one major advantage:
CMake has native support for it using CPack.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack

>> b) the directory that holds windummy.dll (determined at runtime)
>
> Don't you think it's better to create say lib and data subdirectories in
> the same folder that holds windummy.dll and cuneiform-cli.exe (or
> whatever)?

AFAICR all DLL files must be either in the system path or in the same
directory as the executable. Cuneiform is quite a small project, so
placing everything in the same directory is not an issue.

Also, placing everything in one directory is already implemented and
works. Doing the subdirectory thing would mean more work for very
little gain.