Re: Can I use FreeImage library (license question)

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 13:20 +0200, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Still we have no problem using FreeImage under GPL since ImageMagick is
> > GPL...
>
> It is not.
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

ImageMagick is free software delivered as a ready-to-run binary
distribution or as source code that you may freely use, copy, modify,
and distribute. Its license is compatible with the GPL.

OK, I admit that I was wrong, my reasoning behind it was that if they
say it is GPL-compatible why even care? It turns out they permit the
redistribution of the larger works under different licences.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev