Re: Visual C++ support has been dropped

Sorry for my delay with this response.

Cognitive has been reorganizing last 9 month and we hope reorganization will
be finished in May 2010. At present time official open source development in
Cogntive is frozen. I can say there are developers in Cognitive who are
interested in OpenOcr development, but we have no administrative resources.
Some times I can find a little free time to help with windows specific, but
it is very small resource.

As for tables, current position in Cognitive is to open this part of
sources, but it will be time consuming and more possible at first time like
shareware.

In my oppinion changes in refactoring branch (
lp:~serge-uliss/cuneiform-linux/refactoring<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eserge-uliss/cuneiform-linux/refactoring>)
are very massive and agressive. And without special testing instruments
ocr-quality drops are very possible. For example, after massive changes in
type names I can't localize probable place of some changes in long-time
history because of all files were changed. I can't understand benefits of
library renaming. And it is unacceptable to add source with trouble for
project lisence to source tree (for example GNU like in
src/rdib/bmpimageloader.cpp<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eserge-uliss/cuneiform-linux/refactoring/annotate/1144/src/rdib/bmpimageloader.cpp>
*).*

We should not use words "Cuneiform" or "Puma" for public releases because of
proprietary rights. OpenOcr is more right in my oppinion.