Re: The lack of documentation. A proposal to solve this problem

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 18:55 +0300, Масалин Ержан wrote:

> I hope you will be interested in this.

Sure everybody's interested. What we have so far are some scarce build
notes from Cognitive, inline comments (mostly in Russian) and few notes
by Jussi.

I guess we basically need two things:

1) Comprehensive documentation coverage for the code and APIs. Which
means that we need to translate the inline documentation where relevant
while making sure it actually makes sense / explains how things work.

To address this issue there was a proposal by Dmitry to use Doxygen (it
supports multilingual inline documentation), but no comments from Jussi
so far. I think we really need a standard to stick to.

2) Some kind of general documentation on the whole thing with module
deps charts etc. Probably has to be done in LaTeX or Docbook and kept in
docs/contrib folder or wherever... Any thoughts?

What you can do is actually to register your own bzr branch after the
consensus is reached on these points and start writing.

This way everybody will be able to track the progress so far /
contribute / discuss etc. Hopefully at some point Jussi can pull this
into the main branch.

That's my take at it.

--
Sincerely yours,