An interesting use for CuneiForm in UNIX?

Hey everyone,
    My name is Ryan. I'm from Providence, Rhode Island. A friend and I are
working on a homemade video game cabinet design in the style of classic
arcade games from the mid-eighties to nineties. We're designing a system
that allows people to play these original games on their original hardware,
as they would have 20-25 years ago, because we have a tremendous passion
for the 'golden age' of video gaming. We also have a passion for open
source and the UNIX culture, which is why we've decided to use Raspberry Pi
systems for our data relay.
    The reason I'm emailing everyone is because I've seen that you've done
a lot of work with the Linux port of Cuneiform, and I feel like that might
be our missing link.
    To truly recreate the classic feel of 80's video arcades, we want to
provide a token-operated system that will interface with classic systems
like the NES and Atari 2600, and reward high scores by dispensing tickets.
That's where the UNIX code comes in.
    With little programming knowledge ourselves, we are reaching out
to virtuoso's in the field to help us envision a UNIX-based program to
interface with the video output of the classic consoles, converting scores
and 'Game Over' screens into data that can be interpreted by the system. As
I gather, CuneiForm would be a great jumping-off point to developing this
project.
    I've talked very briefly with Jussi Pakkanen and feel I like this
concept could go in a really great direction.
    I'm sure you're very busy, but I was hoping we could gather some
insight into how we could accomplish our goals of an arcade-style system
that uses authentic hardware to help us keep classic playing alive.
   Thank you so much for your time. I know the e-mail is kind of wordy, so
thanks for listening :)
Sincerely,
   Ryan Brown

Follow ups