dbusmenu-list team mailing list archive

LayoutUpdate vs ChildrenUpdated

Hi,

A few days before Lucid Alpha2 I noticed the Qt and GTK implementations
of dbusmenu did not use the same signal name to notify the workspace of
a change in the menu layout. In a hurry I added the GTK signal to the Qt
implementation, but it would be nice to fix this for Lucid Alpha3.

Right now, the GTK implementation uses "LayoutUpdate(int revision, uint
parentId)", while the Qt implementation uses "ChildrenUpdated(uint
parentId)".

Naming signals using past tense of verbs looks better IMO and is more
consistent with the other signals (ItemUpdated and ItemPropertyUpdated).
I still believe the revision is useless, but I am willing to compromise,
so what about adopting: "ChildrenUpdated(int revision, uint parentId)"
or "LayoutUpdated(int revision, uint parentId)"?

Aurélien

Follow ups