dhis-mobile-devs team mailing list archive

Problems selecting orgunits in report tables

Hi there.

We are having some issues in the Solomon Islands instance with the
selection of orgunits in report tables. My suspicion is that it is related
to the intrinsic latency of the server. From here in Zambia, the latency is
around 450 ms, from the Solomons around 800 ms. I think it has to do with
the latency or bandwidth, because I have simulated the connection using
CharlesProxy and throttled the connection to the demo server to simulate a
56 kbps link with 700 ms latency. When you try and select an orgunit from
the tree, you get a message "Please select an organisation unit" even
though the orgunit is highlighted yellow. I cannot regularly reproduce this
behavior when the throttle is turned off. Sometimes it works, some times it
doesn't, but usually, you have to click several times in order to get it to
work.

I have seen this in other places, but did not think much about it. However,
this has been reported by a user there, and I saw it myself while there
recently.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Using Chrome and 2.10.

Best regards,