Re: DataSet Complete/ Incomplete

Hi Lars - between lines

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Rodolfo,
>

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Rodolfo Melia <rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> At certain point in the past, hitting the 'Complete' button, will lock a
>> dataset. Currently in 2.20 (and 2.21) a completed dataset remain editable
>> (is this a bug or a feature?). Would it be possible to:
>>
>> a. recover the previous behaviour (a DataSet marked 'Complete' gets
>> locked)
>>

> In fact I am pretty sure it has never been like that ;)

--> Juan Manuel also thinks that it was locking the forms at certain point.
We believe you

>> b. Associate the 'Incomplete' button to a single authority. You need to
>> have this authority for the 'incomplete' button to be available to you.
>>

> We could but I am a bit skeptical. I suspect that would being to mix up
> the approval and the completeness feature. In my mind there is not really
> any point in preventing a user to incomplete a form she has just completed
> herself. If what you want to do is to have a person higher in the hierarchy
> review and then lock the information from further modification, the
> approval feature might be a more suitable solution?

--> For the IPPF implementation, we are using approvals + acceptance. The
issue is that the complete/ incomplete button is just generating confusion
(a lot) - it doesn't seem to mean anything if a data entry user can
complete/incomplete whenever. I know that there is people using this in
combination with Expiration Date.. Perhaps we could have a setting on the
DataSet that reads like: enable complete/ incomplete? If no, then the
buttons don't show.

--> One last question: Will the approval/acceptance status make it to the
Pivot Table? Or do we need to develop a SQL+App to be able to see them?

> regards,
>
> Lars

regards,

Rodolfo