Re: dhis.conf

Hi Lars,
Great idea, and I am sure it will be useful.

Just to be a bit difficult as I usually am however.

In some scripts (mostly Python) i have used YAML for these sorts of
configurations.  The advantage is it is pretty human readable, and yet
 more structured than plain text files, so it would be perhaps easier to
allow people to edit the configuration through the UI, or diagnose what is
wrong with the file. It would also allow for a more complex configuration
file, if it is ever needed.

This is what your config file would look like in YAML.

---
database:
  dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
  driver_class: org.postgresql.Driver
  password: xxxxx
  schema: update
  url: "jdbc:postgresql:dhis2"
  username: dhis
encryptionKey: SomethingVerySecret
filestore:
  container: dhis2-filestore
  identity: dhis2-id
  location: eu-west-1
  provider: filesystem
  secret: xxxx
ldap:
  manager.dn: "cn=JohnDoe,ou=Country,ou=Admin,dc=hisp,dc=org"
  password: xxxx
  search.base: "dc=hisp,dc=org"
  search.filter: "(cn={0})"
  url: "ldaps://300.20.300.20:636"
systemID: www.datim.org

Not that much different really, and should be easily conveted into a Java
object, maybe with something like https://bitbucket.org/asomov/snakeyaml.

Regards,
Jason