Re: backporting in github

I do something similar, but generally for the docs repo where there are no
local dependencies. There isn't really a reason to keep the repo in a
separate map..

if you do a git pull it should update all your local branches in the same
folder to do the cherry pick the only thing you'd really have to do is

git branch 2.23
git cherry-pick  <hash>
git push (or git push origin 2.23)
git branch master