Re: dhis lite

2009/4/7 Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx>

> Sounds good.  Derby support is probably not the most urgent but it
> does seem tantalisingly close and an important "nice to have".

Yes I would love to have the ability to run "embedded out-of-the-box".

> I presume then that you are testing with the modified DerbyDialect?
> Excuse my ignorance, but how in fact do you add a dialect to hibernate
> without rebuilding hibernate.  I've been puzzling over this.  Its fine
> to distribute patched dialects, but it is a bit scarier distributing a
> patched hibernate.
>
> Do you just build a IdentityDerbyDialect.class and put in the
> classpath where hibernate can see it?

I simply include and build it with the DHIS 2 source code, this way it will
be on the classpath. I change the "hibernate.dialect" property in
hibernate.properties in this case to
"org.hisp.dhis.dialect.IdentityDerbyDialect". Apparently Hibernate doesn't
look for this file until the schema is created, meaning after DHIS 2 is
definitely loaded by the classloader.