Re: Asking a report on a birt server

Using BIRT directly (as Thanh suggests) will of course always be an option,
but then you loose out on the integration of BIRT in DHIS2.
To the users it will be a lot easier when reports are run from within DHIS 2
and part of the DHIS2 dashboard. When using report tables as the data source
for BIRT reports you will loose out on the automatic datamart/report table
generation that happens in the background when you run a BIRT report from
within DHIS2. That means you will have to manually make sure your data
source is updated when using BIRT "standalone".

Since BIRT is very loosely coupled to DHIS2 (you define BIRT's location in
Report Configuration when you start DHIS Reports the first time) I am quite
sure it will be doable to specify a remote central location for BIRT in the
5 "local" DHIS instances using the Report Configuration. This way you will
be able to use the local DHIS instances for both data entry and reports
(which will open in a remote location (URL)).

Lars,
right now we have to specify the absolute path to BIRT on the local machine,
can we alter this to provide the option to specify a URL in stead?

Ola