Re: patient_dataelement Vs routine_dataelement

Yes we are getting closer and we have to.

And yes the patientdatavalue has no link at all to the plannedhouseholdvist.
Initially the patientdatavalue has a link to encounter which exactly
determines when,for_whom and what. But for the reason I mentioned in my
earlier mail this link is removed from patientdatavalue - though I don't
agree with the removal I have removed it.

But Bob I didn't get the point when you say we will lose information. I
thought we will rather have a redundant information - the source, patient,
dataset and date all registered in both plannedhouseholdvisit and
patientdatavalue.

hew = Health Extension Worker in the global context and specific to India
ANM (Auxilary Nurse Midwife).

And a little more clarification, probably for Saptarshi too, when an
activityplan is generated it first needs to be approved and signed by a
Medical Officer or a Supervisor and then assigned to a specific HEW/ANM so
this is the reason I introduced hew and supervisor for ActivityPlan. Both
hew and supervisor are users as far as DHIS is concerned because these
people will login to the system and enter values, define datasets and lots
of other operations so I thought using the existing User object will make
sense. And the remaining are individuals to be visited during house-to-house
or when they show up to a clinic or for the case of Zanzibar those who are
dead, and treating these people using a "Person" object didn't comfort me
... because both hew and supervisors are also persons. That is why I used
the object Patient for these individuals .... of course don't forget that
there are lots of things which I am not comfortable with but it is ok as far
as that is the way forward.

Saptarshi, yes both ANMs and Supervisors will at some point get treatment in
their house or clinic but the User object only keeps username/password and
very little personal information compared to demographic information. So I
feel it is ok if these people got registered both in our user table and
patient table. With the approach you suggested using Person (by the way I
like the object person), personType and lots of attributes attached to it -
I am a little bit afraid that we will make things hard for ourselves. I
don't know that is how I felt - you have put lots of attributes to a Person
!

Thank you
Abyot.