Re: Triggering a discussion for Person ID in CHIS

Suppose the identifier at Mumbai (orgunitid: 1) is MUM001, while the same
person has received services from another facility Delhi (orgunit; 2) is
DEL001.
for the Person, my method would be like the following:

Person saptarshi = new Person();
PersonIdentifier idAtMumbai = new PersonIdentifier("MUM001",1);
PersonIdentifier idAtDelhi = new PersonIdentifier("DEL001",2);
idAtMumbai.setPreferred(true);
saptarshi.setPersonIdentifier(idAtMumbai);
saptarshi.setPersonIdentifier(idAtDelhi);

But the internal id (personid) for the person is something specific to the
installation of CHIS at that facility, since personid column is
auto-increment. Hope this example helps with the PersonIdentifier.

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA
Director R & D, HISP India