Re: Fwd: A Question about Copyright Law

Dear all,

We are mixing two related but not the same issues.

To avoid the mixing of copyright issue that why I thought I should have the
question as a above one.

> I don't think the case you describe is necessarily related to copyright.  I
> think we are assuming that you have the right to do what you need to do and
> it seems your question is more one of  attribution.  If you are copying a
> class over which you have not been granted licence that is a different
> issue.

Bob, thanks for your advice! I think we should not worry about the granted
licence here because the example above file as ABC.java, which is a
presenting file, was created by my colleagues. And then I just copied or
make a clone of it to modify the new one it as my way.

I thought all of you would have a question for me is that "Why have you to
do that ?"
It is very simple to answer this question. Because I have a reason for
explanation with follow:

I did not extend the original file to inherit its properties or methods
because the original file can not resolve absolutely my problem as same as
the cloned one - which has been modified following my way - though they are
the same of structure and meaning.
*
*We could understand and image like the way of somehow saying about "*The
FORM was not changed but The CONTENT should have changed*".

I think Lars' suggestion is absolutely the correct one.  If you want to use

So, I am still not clearly understand about the *@author* and
*@version*tags in this case.
Whose name should I set to *@author* tag is my full name or the holder's
name ? And how about the *@version* tag ?*