Re: maven question

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> ok.  I see it is not listed as a dependency in the web-commons pom.xml.
> This looks like the problem as all the others are there.  When I add it in I
> am getting a problem
>
> 'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
> org.hisp.dhis:dhis-service-aggregationengine-default
>
> Can't quite figure this out as I thought depency info is coming from parent
> project.  Still looking ...
>
> Cheers
> Bob

Problem was that the aggregationengine dependency was not included in the
dependency management section in the root pom. Instead it was defined with
version directly in the dhis-web-excelreporting project. I wanted to phase
out that project but the VN team needs it for the excel reporting module, so
I guess someone just forgot to define it in the root.

FYI the purpose of dependency management mechanism defined in the root pom
is to make all dependencies, including transitive, inherit its settings.
This is especially useful for the version attribute, both for upgrading the
version of libs using throughout the application and controlling the version
of third-party, transitive libs. Maven is your friend:-)

Lars