Use of Launchpad

Lately there has been put a lot of blueprints into LP, without any form for
discussion, eg.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/gis-polygon-centroid
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/indicator-targets-estimates
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/administrative-organizations-projects
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/full-range-indicatortypes

The way I see it, before we add blueprints we should evaluate up front
things like 1) do we really need the functionality? 2) how do we design the
solution? 3) is the functionality based on factual user requirements?  3) is
it realistic to implement it within a reasonable time- and resource-frame?

If the answer is "no" for many of these questions for a lot of blueprints it
makes LP less valuable as a tool for project collaboration and resource
management. I am encouraging everyone to raise request features on the dev
list before posting to LP.

cheers

Lars

Follow ups