Re: Documentation on patient and program management module

Hi Edem,

I have been coordinating the documentation effort a bit, but as far as
I know, there is not any documentation on this yet. Abyot may be able
to help.

Here is what he has sent previously as a general overview of the module.

Regards,
Jason

This could help while trying out this new functionality.

Basically it is similar to DHIS2, the following are the major things

    * Patient
    * Program
    * ProgramStage
    * DataEntry

Patients and Program Menu

    * add/edit/remove -
patient/program/programstage/attribute/attributevalue/relationshiptype
    * assign programs to organisationunits
    * define programstages for programs (for example ANC program can
have First, Second and Third stages or trimesters)
    * when defining programstages you can also specify minimum day
after the start of the program so that the stage should be serviced.
For example you can say after 15 days of pregnancy First trimester
checkup should be made, 90 days for second trimester........ blah blah
- may be health people can give us a better example
    * and for each of these stages you can define what dataelements
you will be collecting
    * you can put attributevalues for patients. Attributevalues are
values you can put for attributes of patients. For example house
number, phone number, blood group,...... could be attributes (you can
add as many attributes as you like) and for any of these attributes
you can assign values for a specific patient/person. Next time if you
want you can search or sort patients based on these attributes
    * relationshiptype could be parent/child, husband/wife,
sibling/sibling, HEW/Patient,.... here again you can have your own
relationship. And for each of your registerd patients you can
associate two patients based on your existing relationships.
    * out of the available relationships for a given patient you can
choose one and make the "partner_of_the_relationship" to be a
representative of the patient. For example when a baby is born we need
to define parent/child relationship, we can also put sibling/sibling
relationship for the baby's sister(s)/brother(s) ...... and out of
these relationship we can choose one to be representative. In this
case the parent of the child could be assigned as a representative for
the child. And while doing that you have two options - the first one
with the child inheriting all its parents attributes and the other one
without inheriting
    * .....
    * ....
    * so you can play around with the available links/buttons

Name-based Data Records

    * search for registered patient (based on attributes or name/identifier)
    * record data -- but first you need to choose a program and the
corresponding programstage
    * while recording data there is a possibility to say whether the
data(actually the service) is provided by another facility or not?
This is important during aggregation - we can only report those
provided by the reporting unit - this will avoid duplication - as all
reporting units should report what ever they provided
    * Reports - per program
          o can select program
          o start date and end date
          o and it will display all the individuals who interact with
the program within the given time frame. In addition it will show the
status of the programstages
                + Green - safe and complete - you can drill down and
see what the values are
                + Red - risk - due date missed
                + Yellow - ok - not completed but still on time
          o Visit Plans
                + When you select and OrgansiationUnit
                + the system will look for patients in the selected
unit and those who are in active programs (like those patients who
have not yet completed the cycles of a program)
                + then for each (active) program a patient is currently enrolled
                      # display the next immediate stage together with
the due date
                      # you can sort visit plans - based on a number
of attributes - by default sorted by House Number (this is an
attribute)