Re: H2 BitRock Windows Installer Available

Hi Lars,
Right now, there are two versions. The IZPack installer uses the
native windows MSI. The user has to install this by themselves.
The MSI handles the creation of the Postgres user, and the
installation of the service. This should really be done as a silent
install, but I did not figure out how to do this quite yet.

I started as well on the BitRock variant, which is also in that
branch. It will install the H2 DB by default. Knut has provided a lot
of examples of BitRock installers using Postgres, but I have not
looked at them yet.

Ideally, we should just have a single installer, and BitRock
(especially since we got the license from them) seems to be great. I
have not really figured out yet though how to get it to install
Postgres, but I am sure it is possible.

Basically, we need create a BitRock installer that installs postgres.
A batch file could then be used to load a sample DB. Knut has already
done this in some of the older installers he created, so it should be
pretty simple. I suppose this could also be done with IZpack, in a
similar manner. The problem is that we need to be able to control the
postgres user name and password, in order to populate the DB with the
sample database.

As for the BitRock installer, we can simple package the sample DB
along with the installer, and ask the user if they want to install it
or not. If they do, it will get copied to the /database folder,
otherwise, we will leave it empty.

Regards,
jason